Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012

:::CDT::: Advent Calendar

Once again I've worked with the Original Rust, indeed a great material. If you want to learn more about it, look at this video by Dani from Creavil.
Using this material and another brand new image from Creavil -the steampunk reindeer- I've created a card for the Creavil Advent Calendar.
First of all I glued an old book page onto a cardstock and let it dry. Then I took packing tape and peeled off some of the prints. The next step was to color this background with Original Rust using a baby wipe, great effect. Then I stamped some Christmas words with VersaMark and colored the areas with PanPastel. I also splattered with copper acrylics. The last step for creating the background was to distress the edges and to sponge the sides with Distress Dusty Concord,Tea Dye and Walnut Stain. I stamped the reindeer with Gathered Twigs and clear embossed it, then I sponged with several brown dye inks. As a special highlight I added MicaTiles which I colored with lavender pearl acrylics and then embossed with TH gadges and gears embossing folder.